Established as Carnatic Paper Mills Ltd in 1920. In 1929 The Andhra Paper Mills Co. Ltd. was incorporated to take over the assets of Carnatic Paper Mills Ltd. A Winding Up Order was passed by Madras High Court in 1947. In 1953, Andhra State took over the control of The Andhra Paper Mills Co. Ltd. On 29th June 1964 The Andhra Pradesh Paper Mills Ltd. (APPM) was incorporated whereby Government of Andhra Pradesh (GOAP) agreed to sell and transfer to APPM the concern owned by GOAP and known as Andhra Paper Mills together with all movable and immovable properties.
Andhra Pradesh Paper Mills, which is now an International Paper company, is one of the biggest integrated paper and pulp manufacturing centers in India. The company produces indispensible writing, printing and copier papers for foreign and domestic markets. It employs around 2,500 employees and is headquartered in Hyderabad.
APPM’s production facilities are comprised of two mills in Rajahmundry and Kadiam with a total production capacity of 240,000 TPA. The company is becoming a driving force in sustainability in the paper manufacturing arena through focused social and community programs, including pioneering work in raw material generation through social farm forestry. International Paper owns a majority interest in APPM, and the remaining shares are publicly traded on the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India (APPAPER)
© 2013 International Paper. All Rights Reserved.